Sunday, April 23, 2006

I am the setting sun....I will rise


There is darkness, there is despair, there is loneliness, there is hopelessness. Yes this is the truth of life, the true face of life. I fell, I drowned, I almost got wiped away. But then I saw... faraway. A cloud emerged out of nowhere. Fiery red and golden. It sped towards me. I panicked. I got ready for the doom that lurched towards me. I shut my eyes tight. As it engulfed me in its vastness, I felt a strange peace within. Something inside calmed. I slowly opened my eyes. The sight almost blinded me. The setting sun from faraway mountains winked at me. I smiled and looked around. Yes I saw that ray of hope. Life is beautiful. Its a rainbow of colours. It has blacks and whites too. It has greys and golds too. I got up, dusted myself and walked towards the setting sun. Whoever said the setting sun was a sign of sinking life. I rose from the ashes. Yes I am the setting sun. Golden, warm and a promise to rise again and light up the world. Yes... I am the setting sun.....

No comments: